A comprehensive Preventive Maintenance program will protect your facility from costly repairs and make sure it’s fully functional when the utility goes down. Megawattage will provide you with a dedicated team of experienced professionals with the ability to service your entire critical power network regardless of brand or manufacturer. We provide maintenance services on automatic transfer switches, uninterruptible power supply units, switchgear, fire pumps, and batteries.
Each Generator Maintenance Service covers a minimum of a 59-point checklist, such as:
- Belts: Inspect for worn, broken, or loose and make necessary adjustments
- Cooling System: Maintain proper coolant level, antifreeze concentration, and supplemental chemical concentration
- Jacket Water Heater: Check heater functionality and record standby temperature
- Engine Crankcase: Check the oil level and add as necessary
- Governor: Check for proper operation
- Fuel System: Inspect for leaks and tank supply lines to engines
- Batteries: Maintain the electrolyte level, check for clean tight terminations
- Gauges: Inspect the condition of all gauges
- Battery Charger: Check for proper operation and record voltage and current
- Start Engine: Run engine to standard operating temperature
- Oil Pressure: Inspect for proper oil pressure and record reading
- Fuel Pressure: Inspect for proper fuel pressure and record readings
- Frequency: Inspect for correct RPM/HZ, adjust as needed, and record
- Voltage: Inspect for the correct voltage, adjust as needed, and record
- Leaks: Inspect and record leaks (oil, coolant, fuel, air, exhaust)
Preventive Maintenance plays a crucial role in maximizing reliability, minimizing repairs, and reducing long-term costs.
When should I utilize a Preventive Maintenance service?
Depending on how often your generator is used and or is subject to extreme operating conditions, we will identify a program around the needs of your equipment, building, and your budget.
How often would you come out to the property?
We will customize a program specific to your needs – Options are monthly, quarterly or annually.
Do I need to hire another contractor to check the electrical connection (Automatic Transfer Switch) to the building?
No – Megawattage is an electrical contractor thus able to maintain/troubleshoot these connections.